Our classic click-and-pawl-style C.F.O. III Reel represents a fly-fishing legacy design made in America.
• USA-made revival of reel designer Stan Bogdan’s iconic 1971 reel
• Type III anodizing is durable and resists corrosion
• Converts from left- to right-hand retrieve
• Line weights 3-5
• Classic click-and-pawl design is a pleasure to fish
• Neoprene reel case included
In honor of its 50th anniversary, our USA-made click-and-pawl C.F.O. III Reel is inspired by renowned fly reel designer Stan Bogdan’s 1971 revival of the timeless, ventilated-port design first patented by Charles Frederick Orvis in 1874. Worthy of display and even more fun to fish, this classic click-and-pawl is an elegantly simple and effective design with the same black frame and spool with silver accents as Bogdan’s 1971 icon. Features an easy left- to right-hand retrieve conversion.
Made with durable, corrosion-resistant type III anodizing. Neoprene reel case included. Spool is not backwards compatible with previous C.F.O. reels.
3 oz. 3″ reel dia. Line weights 3-5; 75 yards with 5-wt., 20-lb Dacron®.